We offer a complete array of services for your healthy and sick animals. We place an emphasis on preventative medicine to keep your pet and your family healthy so you can enjoy as much quality time together as possible. The highest standard of veterinary care is what we always strive for, but ultimately all decisions are made with the owner’s financial, emotional, and physical capabilities in mind.
What to expect at your pet’s wellness exam:
- A thorough physical exam
- Behavioral questions
- Vaccinations: Over the course of history, vaccines have played an important role in eliminating many common, sometimes fatal diseases. As such, maintaining a routine vaccine schedule is an important part of assuring your pet’s health. There are core vaccines for all animals, but II vaccination schedules will be individually tailored towards the needs of each individual patient.
- Intestinal Parasite Prevention & Control: Proper deworming is not only very important for the health of your pet but your family as well. Most people know that roundworms and hookworms can cause disease in your pets, but may not realize that people, especially children, can become ill if infected by these parasites as well. For these reasons, we recommend annual intestinal parasite screening, and routine parasite control.
- Heartworm & Tick-borne Disease Screening: The Upper Eastern Shore is a host to mosquitoes and ticks galore, which carry a host of infectious diseases. Therefore, annual testing is recommended for blood-borne parasites. Our in-house heartworm/Tick-borne disease test screens not only for heartworm disease, but also for the tick-borne diseases Erhlichiosis, Anaplasmosis, and Lymes disease.
- Microchip Placement (if requested)
- Toe Nail Trim (if requested)
- Additional Laboratory Services: We are excited to offer routine bloodwork screening packages at discounted prices. Early detection can lead to early disease treatment. Ask our staff for more information!
Emergency & Urgent Care
Chestertown Animal Hospital proudly offers small animal emergency services between 7AM and 9PM DAILY. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call (410) 778-2455. It is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We ask that you call for an appointment whenever possible, however, we will make time for emergencies during regular office hours. When unscheduled emergencies cause a delay in our appointment schedule, we appreciate your understanding, as we know you would want the same immediate care for your pet.
Diagnostics Available at Chestertown Animal Hospital
- In-house Blood Chemistry and Hematology
- Parasite Detection
- Digital Radiology
- Ultrasonography for pregnancy & cystocentesis
- TonoVet for measuring Intraocular Pressure
- In-house Urinalysis
- In-house Cytology
- X-ray submissions for OFA Certification
- ECG Monitoring
- Dental Radiology
- Teeth cleaning and oral surgery
Hospice & Euthanasia Services
Preparing for the end of your pet’s life is a difficult process and requires you to make many decisions. Because our staff cares about you and your companion animal, they are prepared to guide your decision-making and offer you support along the way.
We offer veterinary-supervised, climate controlled, indoor pet boarding for dogs and cats. Your best friend will get loving supervision and care, exercise, a “comfy” bed and will be monitored by our professional team. Dogs and cats are boarded separately. Special food or medication for your pet is not a problem; just bring them with your pet. Your pet will receive prompt medical attention should any health issues arise during their stay with us.